To subscribe, simply click Subscribe top-right.
The tobru.guru Newsletter is my personal Newsletter which is sent irregularly to interested people subscribed to it.
Throughout the day I'm reading a lot of interesting articles, discover many new cool Open Source tools or stumble upon something which caught my interest. On tobru.guru - my Shaarli instance - a huge amount of bookmarks are piling up which the Newsletter presents in a curated way.
Topics currently range from Cloud Native technologies over IoT and sensors to embedded hardware. And of course a lot of GitHub repos with cool Open Source tools. This reflects my current interest and as that can change, the content can and will evolve over time.
The archive is a good way to get an impression about past issues.
I absolutely respect your privacy:
- There is no tracking in E-Mails.
- Everything is running on my private server hosted at CommunityRack.org.
- A self-hosted instance of Ghost with the member functionality is used for the website and Newsletter management.
- The Matomo instance which tracks the visitors of my website is hosted on the same server, the data doesn't leave the server.
- The comment functionality on this website is using Isso and the data is stored on my server as well.
E-Mail addresses are never shared with third-parties or sold, they reside on my server and are solely used to send the newsletter. E-Mails are sent via Mailgun and therefore Mailgun knows about the receiving mail address.
Let me know if you have any concerns and I will improve!
I got inspired to write this newsletter by other people doing it, especially:
- cron.weekly by Mattias Geniar
- DevOps'ish by Chris Short
- Devops Weekly by Gareth Rushgrove
- devco.net by R.I. Pienaar
My sources to find all the interesting links are of course these newsletters, but also Twitter, Hackernews and research when I'm working or experimenting with technology.